|This is a Wikipedia user page.|
This is not an encyclopedia article or the talk page for an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user whom this page is about may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia. The original page is located at
DOB: June 6, 1985 the day that the grave of one Wolfgang Gerhard is exhumed in Embu, Brazil; the remains found are later proven to be those of Josef Mengele, Auschwitz' "Angel of Death". Mengele is thought to have drowned while swimming in February 1979.
Location: New Zealand; Christchurch
Occupation: Student at the University of Canterbury. I have a B.Sc. in Astronomy, and am currently studying honours
I speak: New Zealand English
How long I've been here: My earliest logged in edit was on November 7, 2003 at 13:56. I edited the Yang Liwei article (Wow I've been here over three years)
Previous Identity: I used to be known around these parts as Enceladus (this link just takes you back to this page). I've put in a request for a moving all my contributions to this username but it could take a couple of months before that happens. I had about 1100 edits on that username. On my current username I have at least 3149 edits (that figure really isn't that helpful as I have been image tagging which means that I get lots of edits for doing very little).
Education: The Primary school I attended was Kew School — I wonder what the odds of it surviving Articles for Deletion twice are?
Belief System: I believe in the Invisible Pink Unicorn
Operating system: Ubuntu Linux
I am a member of the Association of Wikipedians Who Dislike Making Broad Judgements About the Worthiness of a General Category of Article, and Who Are In Favor of the Deletion of Some Particularly Bad Articles, but That Doesn't Mean They are Deletionist
Music and TV that everybody should like
These are the photos that I have taken and contributed to Wikimedia
These are the articles that I have been involved in that have made the Main Page
- Saturn V - Today's featured article on December 10, 2004
- Apollo 8 - Today's featured article on April 19, 2005
- Did you know:
- ...that Kordylewski clouds are large concentrations of dust that orbit Earth at the distance of the Moon?
- ...that J002E3 was at first thought to be a new moon of the Earth when discovered in 2002 but later found to be the third stage of the Apollo 12 Saturn V?
- ...that Giovanni Bugatti was the longest serving executioner in the Papal States?
- ... that Project Aqua was a proposed hydroelectric scheme for the lower Waitaki River in New Zealand that would have diverted up to 77% of the river's flow into a separate canal?
- ...that Malin Space Science Systems operates the camera on the Mars Global Surveyor?
- ...that Closer Economic Relations is a free trade agreement between the governments of New Zealand and Australia?
- ...that on 14 August 1936 Rainey Bethea was hanged in Owensboro, Kentucky, thus becoming the last person to be publicly executed in the United States?
- ...that Charles Brooks, Jr., was the first person to be executed by lethal injection in the United States?
- ...that the only remaining instance of active use of the death penalty in Europe is in capital punishment in Belarus?
- ...that there were three more cancelled Apollo missions planned to land on the Moon after Apollo 17?
- ...that John W. Peoples, Jr. tried to have his execution carried out by electric chair instead of lethal injection?
- ...that Herman Ashworth was the fourth person to drop his appeals since the U.S. state of Ohio resumed the death penalty in 1999?
- ...that James Autry received a stay on his execution in October 1983 after the needles for his lethal injection had been inserted into his arms?
- ...that Luis Ramirez was the 15th person executed in 2005 in the U.S. state of Texas?
- ...that Marlin Gray was executed on October 26 for his part in pushing two women off the Chain of Rocks Bridge over the Mississippi River in Saint Louis, Missouri in 1991?
- ...that the Yuanwang-class of ships is used by the People's Republic of China for tracking and supporting their Shenzhou spacecraft?
- ...that Hastings Wise is the sixth person to waive appeals of the death sentence in South Carolina since the state resumed executions after Gregg v. Georgia?
- ...that at 67 years old, Elias Syriani was the oldest person executed in the United States since James Hubbard was executed by Alabama at the age of 74 in 2004?
- ...that as of 2005 James Neil Tucker was the last person executed in the United States using the electric chair?
- ...that Featherston prisoner of war camp was the site of a riot that lead to the death of 47 Japanese prisoners of war during World War II?
Articles that I have created or done a lot of work on
Articles I want to expand/create
Interests at Wikipedia
Well as you can see from the articles above that I've worked on, I'm mainly interested in spaceflight, usually American as there is alot of information on these spaceflights. Alot of the time though I spend just browsing and correcting issues as I see them. I'm spending alot of time tagging images at the moment as well. Remember to be bold when editing anything that I've written. Chances are that I've made some terrible spelling mistake (for the life of me I can never spell separate right) or some grammatical error (wrong tense usually).
I think that "If you do not want your writing to be edited mercilessly and redistributed at will, do not submit it" should be posted on every new users page. There seem to be some people who think that they own articles.
|Sponsored by Pelican Shit International|
|*** Got Pelican Shit? ***|
|It's not just for breakfast anymore!|
I've lost count of how many times this page has been vandalised. Some of the more weird ones have been:
- "Aged 2 (even though I look gay!)"
- "Evil Monkey was not accepted on hotornot.com, as he does not look over 18, he was predicted to be 12! OMG w00t lol wat a nob."
- "I am a faggot with no life so I take stupid photos of myself and post them on wikipedia. i jack off all day and suck at life."
- "I am ugly and need not a life, but a death"
- An ASCII Monkey
- Someone with an odd obsession with "daiper sex"
- On a talk page I was called a "childish brat"
Went along to this website and according to them I am:
Economic Left/Right: -2.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.69
I got a score of 96, so I'm in the optimal, most productive range..
Barnstars and other things
For your rapid-fire anagrammatical intellect, here's a cookie. -- brian0918 04:05, 16 Mar 2005 (UTC)
Your suggestion of People's Republic of America as our millionth article seems to have fired Wikipedians' imagination. I was particularly amused by its inclusion in Wikipedia:List of countries where Wikipedia is banned. I award you this cookie for your inspiration.-gadfium 09:05, 26 Mar 2005 (UTC)
I, Knowledge Seeker, award you this Editor's Barnstar for your strong work in reverting vandalism (and your excellent contributions to astronomy articles).]]
I, Kaiba, present you with this barnstar for your constant battles against vandals.
|The Photographer's Barnstar|
|For the photo of the Apollo 15. Lundgren (talk)|
|I do not dual-license my work|
|I am against voluntary dual-licensing of Wikipedia contributions.|