Location of Ogi in Saga Prefecture
|• Mayor||Shūji Eriguchi|
|• Total||95.85 km2 (37.01 sq mi)|
(February 28, 2017)
|• Density||480/km2 (1,200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+09:00 (JST)|
|City hall address||1100-1 Kakihise, Ushizu-chō, Ogi-shi, Saga-ken|
The modern city of Ogi was established on March 3, 2005, from the merger of the former town of Ogi, absorbing the towns of Ashikari, Mikatsuki and Ushizu (all from Ogi District). Ogi District was dissolved as a result of this merger.
It has gradually come to be known as the city with the highest consumption of yōkan in Japan.
Located in the central part of Saga Prefecture, Ogi borders the city of Saga. The heart of old Ushizu where the current City Hall is located is approximately 10 km due west of central Saga. The northern part of the city is a mountainous region that builds up to the mountain Tenzan, while the rest of the city consists of the low lying Saga Plains. The southern part of the city borders the Ariake Sea.
- Mountains: Tenzan
- Rivers: Kase River, Ushizu River
- 1889-04-01 - The modern municipal system was established. The current city region consists of one town (Ogi) and seven villages (Ashikari, Haruta, Iwamatsu, Mikazuki, Misato, Togawa and Ushizu).
- 1894-04-24 - Ushizu was elevated to town status.
- 1932-04-01 - Haruta, Iwamatsu and Misato were all incorporated into Ogi.
- 1956-09-30 - Parts of Togawa was incorporated into Ushizu. The rest was incorporated into Kōhoku.
- 1967-04-01 - Ashikari was elevated to town status.
- 1969-01-01 - Mikazuki was elevated to town status.
- 2005-03-01 - Ogi Town absorbed Ashikari, Mikatsuki and Ushizu Towns to create Ogi City.
Prefectural Senior High schools
- Ogi Senior High School
- Ushizu Senior High School
Municipal Junior High schools
- Ashikari Junior High School
- Mikazuki Junior High School
- Ogi Junior High School
- Ushizu Junior High School
Municipal Elementary schools
- Ashikari Elementary School
- Haruta Elementary School
- Iwamatsu Elementary School
- Mikazuki Elementary School
- Misato Elementary School
- Sakuraoka Elementary School
- Togawa Elementary School
- Ushizu Elementary School
The closest airport is Saga Airport.
The primary rail station is Ushizu Station.
- Expressways: There are no interchanges in Ogi.
- National highways:
- Prefectural roads:
- Ogi-Ushizu Route 42
- Ushizu-Ashikari Route 43
- Ogi-Fukudomi Route 44
- Saga Outside Loop Route 48
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ogi, Saga.|
- Ogi City official website (in Japanese)